- Is Board Certified in Physiatry
- Has been a leader in rehabilitation medicine in the Northwest for 15 years
- Has been named as one of the “Outstanding Doctor’s in Physiatry” for 4 years, as recognized by her peers
- Was the former medical director of Deaconess Rehabilitation
- Maintains both an inpatient practice at St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute and an outpatient practice at Northwest Medical Rehabilitation
- Is owner and president of Northwest Medical Rehabilitation
- Is Medical Director for Spokane Hyperbaric Center
- Treats both adult and pediatric patients
- Is an Expert in Botox and Dysport injections for spasticity and tone management
- Has a Subspecialty in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Is a Lecturer for both Allergan and Medtronics
- Provides Botox injections under sedation at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center if the patient requires it
- Dr. Stanek believes nutrition is paramount to healing. She works with Pharmanex antioxidant supplements
Friday, January 8, 2016
NORTHWEST MEDICAL REHABILITATION Dr. Karen Stanek specializes in a variety of areas including Board Certified in Physiatry brain injury, inpatient rehabilitation Hyperbaric Center and more in the Spokane Wa North Idaho Eastern Wa Area
This was not paid for for but made because she is a wonderful doctor. thank you for all you do dr stank your the best doctor in the world.
Blending compassion, empathy and expertise, Dr. Karen Stanek approaches patients with the desire to care for their physical, mental and emotional well-being. Her philosophy of care seeks to help patients regain both their strength and independence.
Dr. Stanek received her masters and PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Wisconsin before receiving her medical degree from the University of Mississippi Sciences Center. She completed her residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Colorado. Dr. Stanek also studied Business Administration and Management at the Harvard School of Public Health.
Dr. Stanek is Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, first in 1993 and re-certified in 2003. She served as Medical Director of Deaconess Rehabilitation Institute from 1993 to 1994, and was instrumental in the merger between Deaconess Medical Center and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center to form St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute. In 1996, she founded Northwest Medical Rehabilitation, her clinical practice.
Dr. Stanek specializes in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, brain injury, inpatient rehabilitation (primarily at St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute), pediatric and adult rehabilitation and complex spasticity management. Spasticity can be caused from several neurological conditions such as stroke, movement disorders, traumatic brain injury, back and neck injuries, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and spinal cord injuries. She has several years of experience in using Botox injections and recently Dysport for spasticity and tone, and is also very experienced in managing intrathecal pumps for spasticity, tone and pain.
Dr. Stanek also functions as the medical director for Spokane Hyperbaric Center. Hyperbaric treatments are very beneficial for any hypoxic brain injury, non-healing wounds, autism and many neurological disorders.
Dr. Stanek enjoys hiking the Inland Northwest and fishing the many lakes and streams it has to offer.
Dr. Stanek has an outstanding medical career that has encompassed many years of hard work and study. For example Dr. Stanek: